Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Moments With Bampa...

We are LOVING being close to Bampa again. I am amazed by how much he has improved since we last saw him end of March. His voice and laugh are more natural, more him. He is walking so great, even up and down the stairs. He continues to work so hard. My sister is out of town and Cindy went to Idaho for the week to spend time with Nicole (who just had sweet baby girl, Lauren!) I'm so glad I get to spend this time with my Dad. He has therapies daily for about 3 hours. He wakes up each morning on his own, does his exercises, showers, gets ready for the day, and even makes his bed. My boys can't get enough Bampa snuggles and they laugh until their bellies ache playing with him. This makes me so happy,  I wondered if it would take the boys a bit to adjust and understand, but a beat wasn't missed, Bampa is still Bampa, and my boys are in heaven playing with him each day. We are still trying to figure out the best ways to communicate, it takes a little longer but we can usually figure out what he is trying to tell us. I did receive my first text message from him today since the stroke, it was a pretty quality text conversation we shared. Each night we do scriptures and prayer, I sit in between Dad and Fynch, I read four verses then Dad will read two, I will read four more, and Fynch will read two, and we will continue that pattern until we finish the chapter. There's a part of me that yeah, it is sad and devastating that my Dad has to relearn everything and to watch him struggle with words and daily tasks, but my heart is so filled with gratitude, admiration and love for him, and for how far he has come and how optimistic and perseverant he continues to be. We were sitting together downstairs going through his flash cards, and he looked out the window and said, "I am happy." I am so thankful for the tender mercies and miracles that continue to take place.  President Clark and Sister Clark stopped by to visit tonight. So thankful for their love and great encouragement they give my Dad, along with everyone else who loves him. We love you all, and can't express just how thankful we are for your continued prayers and love for our Dad.






2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. We love your dad and continue to pray for him. So happy you get to stay with him for a while. Laurie Orduno

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. We love your dad and continue to pray for him. So happy you get to stay with him for a while. Laurie Orduno

    ReplyDelete